Friday, December 1, 2017

Am Liking my "Event Horizon" Comparison

The whole "Event Horizon" idea is a good way to describe my fight with the disease.  My orbit around the black hole that is MS is one that is constantly decaying but it is not a stable picture perfect round or even concentric orbit.  Rather it is as if I were being shunted in and out tho the ins inevitably win.

The beginning of this week found my orbit doing very well indeed!  I try to spend as much time as possible on my crutches rather than in the chair and for a couple of days I was up and about on the crutches far more than in the chair.  No idea what or why but I will take it.  Then for the past couple of days back to normal but not further decayed, just back to what ever the last normal was. As if that makes any sense.

I am now due for my second course of the Clabridine Treatment that I started earlier this year.  Given that I have not felt a lot of positive impact from the first course, in fact no impact at all, I did ask the medical team at Barts for some assurances that we are doing the right thing.  The bottom line is yes as there are not a whole lot of options, the treatment was tolerated well, and there is still a chance of it being effective.  Did learn of a phenomenon called “therapeutic lag”; i.e. you treat today, but the effect needs 2-3 years to become apparent.  So I want some of that.  I just hope that the lag stops lagging before I cross the boundary of the event horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment